Friday, March 26, 2010

Maa's hands...

This was a college assignment...the topic "Mother's hands"
I DNT KNW HOW IT FELT WHEN SHE HELD ME FOR THE FIRST TIME…
M sure her hands must have been warm and soothing lik a wind chime…
Then her hand must have held me and held her breast….
And she then fed me….and put my soul to rest
Then holding this same hand…I learnt to walk….simulating her lips …I learnt to talk
She held my hand in hers…n made me write A,B,C…..i dint know how to write but I know she loved me
In class 5th a guy said “iski maa toh langdi hey”…It got on my nerves…I pushed him out my way
I slapt him on his face…he hit me back…
ma washed my wounds with these hands and forgive the chap.
Then she met with th accident….n her hand had this crutche…she felt lik giving up…
but for us she gave life a nudge
Sometimes these hand had rashes….sometimes they went numb….but silently she suffered….
she wanted us to b strong lik our mum
Then ashu broke my heart…my world broke apart…cuping my face with her hand….
she knew the pain I cudnt stand
That hand patted me evrynight… till I was done wit the pain…these hands healed my heart….
like a saint
These were the hands that tied mansi di’s knot….these are the hands that slapped mohit…when with me he fought

we never ever realised ….that ma was handicapped…she’s been a woman of courage,strenght,love and care….
she never ever complained that life was unfair
I wish many times that I was her stick…
wn I told her this she thought I was sick…
atleast then her hand would hold onto me till she was gone….
bt now m glad tht I am her dughter cz I knw these hands will bless me even after she’s long gone
her’s were the hands that cooked,fed,prayed,blessed,slapped,soothed,patted,tickled, taught and WALKED……

1 comment: